Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baby Grab Ball

No pattern link for this. I saw a baby playing with one and made up my own version. Made six small balls, left a long tail on them, filled them with stuffing and a couple bells, used one tail to stitch them together tightly, gathered all 6 tails and tied them in knots! Later I ended up making a loop with that knotted tail so we can hang it from things. Best part (besides the fact that babies love them) is that the decreases on the balls don't have to be pretty since they are hidden inside the cluster of balls. I will try to post my own pattern for these balls soon (remind me please)!

2 comments:

  1. I'm reminding you now... I'm going to visit friends in March who have a 6 month old baby. I thought some of these would be a great gift for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the ball in this pattern close to what you used: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80063AD.html

    ReplyDelete