Sunday, February 15, 2009

Octopus II

Here's attempt number two at the octopus pattern. I like this one a little better. He's stuffed a little tighter, and his eyes stand out more. He's also more consistent. I'm getting the hang of keeping consistent tension on the yarn. These little guys are great for practicing such things, and the kids love them! For the eyes on this one, I did ch 4, then from 2nd ch from the end, sc in 2 ch to join them. I then cut the yarn and tied the two loose ends together. I pulled the loose ends through the octopus and tied them off in the back and shoved the loose ends into the body cavity. I don't know if I'd use this method if giving one of these little guys to an infant. The eyes done in this way could pop off if chewed upon. I'd stick to just stitching a contrasting yarn right onto the octopus.


No comments:

Post a Comment