Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ms. Mermaid

My first creation! I have altered many patterns but for this cute little gal I wrote the pattern from scratch and I LOVE it! She is for a special little rainbow-loving girl who adores mermaids and who's favorite colors are red and orange (hence the hair....but the hair is also Arial-inspired). I still have a few minor things to add, she needs a necklace and a bracelet! I am going to have a very difficult time waiting for her birthday to arrive in July!




Here are a few different angles of Ms. Mermaid. It was my first attempt at hair and the method I used resulted in A LOT of it! I will have to look into other techniques before attempting it again (she's quite top heavy). And, if you are wondering why I had to create my own pattern just do a quick search to see the absolutely awful free mermaid patterns out there! I looked at dozens of images and combined my favorite parts of each one to create this one!

8 comments:

  1. Holy Starfish!! The girl will flip... she's going to LOVE it.

    You have to see the cupcakes soon. I bet you could make amazing ones. ;o)

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *NEED* that pattern!!! I love it! So cute! Perfect size, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-I know huh??? That's why I am going to have a hard time waiting! :)

    S-I will get the pattern to you once I transcribe my crochet-shorthand:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just thought of a great idea to help me wait until July to give this to M....I will work on some more ocean critters to accompany her!

    I do want to see the cupcakes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... she will love that. A fish-buddy would be just the thing.

    You should totally sell this pattern on Etsy... it's amazing!

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's funny, I had crochet hook in hand, ready to start a fish pattern I found recently and noticed I had new email which was your last comment about a fish buddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very awesome Jen. I knew right away who it was for!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! You are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete