Saturday, February 20, 2010

The World is a Rainbow

A basket of rainbow balls for a special friend (and her family) who suffered a loss that no one should have to suffer. Hopefully this will brighten her day just a little, in the future, when she is ready.

I don't often come up with very unique ideas on my own and I am sure I'm not the first to think of doing this but I am proud of this particular idea. I had the rainbow balls made and wanted something for them to go in. I started with a blue and white basket, thinking it was a nice way to represent clouds and rain which are things that go hand in hand with rainbows. But I didn't like how it turned out so I started over. I ended up with this beautiful basket that represents the earth. Soil, vegetation, water, sky, clouds, and sun. What better color scheme can one ask for?

There are no pattern links this time. It's all free form crochet using techniques I've used many times before. There are plenty of patterns online for balls and baskets though.

No comments:

Post a Comment